Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tagaytay, to traverse ridges.



Wiki info:
Legend has it that the word Tagaytay came from "taga" meaning to cut and "itay" which means father. A father and son were said to be on a wild boar hunt when the animal they were chasing turned and attacked them. As the boar charged towards the old man, the son cried "taga itay!". The boy's repeated shout reverberated in the alleys of the ridge. Heard by the residents, hunters and wood gatherers, the cries became subject of conversation for several days in the countryside. In time, the place where the shouts came from became known as TAGAYTAY.
It is one of the country's most popular tourist destinations. Tagaytay City provides a good view of theTaal Volcano
Tagaytay also offers a view of Taal Lake - a lake within an island within a lake.
source: wikipedia
This was one of my checklists during my trip here in Manila when I was still an official Cebuano. I love how the wind feels so great during the ride going to Tagaytay. The picnic grove is admirable with its panoramic view and activities like zipline plus photo souvenir. I love the feeling because I saw families getting together, having fun and just doing nothing at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment